WINNING THE BATTLES THAT MATTER MOST
Week 3-Offense: Knowing our Strategy
- There is a spiritual world. (2 Kings 6:15, Genesis 3:1, Matthew 4:1, Revelation 20)
- We are involved in a spiritual war. (Ephesians 6:12, Ephesians 2:1-2)
- The enemy in this spiritual war is powerful. (2 Corinthians 2:10-11, 1 Peter 5:8-11)
- The stakes in this spiritual war are eternal. (1 John 2:15-17)
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.” Ephesians 6:10-13 NRSV
Knowing Our Strategy
- Realize the war has already been won.
- Satan has been defeated. (Genesis 3:15, Colossians 2:15)
- Satan will be destroyed. (Revelation 20:10)
- Therefore, we do not fight this war for victory…we fight from (1 John 4:4, 1 John 5:4-5)
- Rely on God’s grace and power during the war.
“I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance. I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.” Ephesians 1:18-23 NLT
Rev. Brandon Dasinger
Teaching Pastor and Director of Missions
- Read the Book of Ephesians this week. Give a title to each chapter that will help you remember the content.
- Write down your favorite verses from the book and begin memorizing them throughout this sermon series.
- What are some of the main truths that God wants you to know from this message? What actions does God want you to take according to the truths of this study?