Amazing ministry continues to occur in Leveque, Haiti, because of the Frazer family’s vision and mission to the Deaf. Check out some of the incredible things that are taking place there now:
• 500 hundred deaf people have been moved from tents to over 160 new homes, complete with gardens to help feed their families.
• The new church that was completed Easter 2013 continues to grow steadily with hearing and deaf members. The church service is translated simultaneously for the deaf congregation, similar to our 11 a.m. Contemporary Service.
• The deaf have a separate Sunday School Class and are led by three wonderful deaf pastors who are being trained by Pastor Kenol at Mission of Hope (MOH, our strategic partner).
• The school at Leveque was completed in September 2013 and offers two teaching sessions every day. The morning session instructs the children (hearing and deaf) and the afternoon session instructs adults who are learning to read and write.
• Frazer members Dr. Roy Hager and Mike Merrill have been working to establish a surgical eye center at the MOH main campus in Titanyen (15 minutes from Leveque). This is a joint effort with the Lions Club International.
• Over the past year, the Frazer Family has donated in excess of 5,000 pairs of used eyeglasses. The prescription of each pair of glasses are identified, marked and then cleaned for distribution at the same eye clinic in Titanyen.
• Dr. Harrell Bullard has been working with MOH to expand their small dental room from two chairs to potentially an eight chair clinic at Titanyen.
This God-sized project we asked the Lord for continues to grow into fruitful ministries that are impacting thousands of people. Thank you, Frazer Family for your vision, service, and generosity to make this one of the most recognizable mission efforts in the nation of Haiti. To God be the glory!
Stay tuned for future plans in Haiti as we continue seeing lives transformed with the love of Jesus Christ.